Hello, and welcome to the UNCON SCHOOL (short form for Online School for Unconventional Academics). My name is Stephan Si-Hwan PARK and I am the founder and chief interviewer here. Being a young researcher and PhD candidate myself I have noticed that there seem to be very few resources on how to plan an academic career. Therefore I came up with the simple idea of interviewing the best professors and experts of our time on career planning and pragmatic learning. I am conducting all interviews via video skype, record them and share them with you for FREE. I hope that the UNCON SCHOOL’s original and high quality content will become a valuable source of inspiration and knowledge for the next generation of young, ambitious and UNconventional academics. Find below my personal TOP 3s collection.
3 MOST POPULAR UNCON SCHOOL POSTS
- What is it like TO BE A PROFESSOR?
- How To Become A Professor In POLITICAL SCIENCE?
- How It Feels NOT TO GET TENURE (Life Time Contract As a Professor)?
3 BOOKS FOR RAISING YOUR LEARNING CURVE
- Prof. Carol Dweck’s “Mindset: The Psychology of Success“
- Prof. Ericsson’s “The Cambridge Handbook of Expertise and Expert Performance”
- Prof. Newport’s “So Good They Can’t Ignore You”
3 TOOLS FOR NEVER FORGETTING / LOOSING ANYTHING AGAIN
THE UNCON SCHOOL’S TOP 3 BESTSELLERS (>1000 satisfied customers)
- How To MASTER Any Language (On Your Own)
- MEMORY SECRETS of an A+ Student
- Hire Stephan for a TALK / WORKSHOP
3 LESSONS I LEARNT SINCE I STARTED THE UNCON SCHOOL
- Become excellent at something that only few people can do
- Be the best and first in your chosen field of expertise
- Work every single day to achieve point 1 and 2
Like what you read?
If so, please join the next generation of UNconventional Academics who receive monthly updates on developing essential skills inside and beyond academia. Just enter your name and email below: